UNION COUNTY COMMISSIONER
Paul Started teaching Agriculture in Adrian, Oregon where he met and married his wife. After starting their family, they moved to La Grande in 1995.
Paul joined La Grande High School’s staff as Agriculture Teacher and FFA Advisor, teaching agriculture, welding, woods, forestry and one of Oregon’s first high school wildland fire courses for 23 years.
In 1997 the Anderes family welcomed their son.
Many summers Paul would fight Wildland fire working for private contractors and most recently Grande Ronde Fire Zone of the La Grande Ranger District.
Paul enjoys hunting, fishing and alpine skiing.
- Airport Advisory Committee
- Blue Mt. Early Learning Hub Governing Body
- Cherry Fruit Fly Board
- City of Elgin
- City of Imbler
- Eastern Oregon Counties Association
- Grande Ronde Model Watershed Board (Alternate)
- National Forest Counties & Schools Coalition
- Northeast Oregon Economic Development District (Alternate)
- Mt. Emily Recreation Area Committees (MERA)
- Northeast Area Commission on Transportation (NEACT)
- Northeast Oregon Housing Authority
- Smoke Management Committee
- Training & Employment Consortium Board
- Tri-County Weed Board (Alternate)
- Umatilla Forest Collaborative Group
- Union County Community Forestry Board
- Union County Transportation Committee
- Vector Control District (liaison)
- Wallowa-Union Railroad Authority Board
- Wallowa Whitman Forest Collaborative
Designation as primary or initial contact does not preclude other Commissioner(s) involvement
4-H & Extension Service District
Public Works Department