Union County Vector Control District
Vector Control Website
Visit us on Facebook
The Union County Vector Control District was created in June 1968 under provisions of the Oregon revised statues to provide a program for the relief from mosquitoes throughout Union County.
The District is independently operated under the direction of a board made up of volunteers from Union County.
The primary objectives of Vector Control are to:
1. Protect the public from discomfort and adverse effects of mosquito bites; and
2. Minimize the risk of human exposure to mosquito born disease.
Submit Service Request
MOSQUITO CONTROL FACTS
- Everyone benefits from mosquito control – ranchers, townsfolk and tourists.
- District wide aerial application of Malathion is no longer possible due to state regulations and increasing potential of insect resistance.
- The district is transitioning to “state-of-the-art” mosquito control techniques.
- The new techniques include biological and larvicide control.
- The new techniques have been very effective in the areas where they have been applied.
Union County Vector Control 541-963-2974