March 2, 2022
Grant Funds Available to Union County Businesses
The Union County Business Assistance Grant Program 2022 has a total of $500,000 available due to federal funding received from the Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund. Grants of up to $10,000 per eligible business may be awarded subject to available funding and number of qualified applicants. This funding is available for the purpose of providing financial assistance to small businesses adversely affected by economic conditions as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic and state mandated mitigation efforts.
Businesses interested in applying must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The business must be headquartered in Union County, Oregon and must have its principal operations located in Union County, Oregon.
- If required by Oregon law to be registered with the Oregon Secretary of State to do business in Oregon, the business is so registered.
- The business is for-profit.
- The business has 30 or fewer employees.
- The business was adversely affected during the period of December 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021 in one of the following ways:
- The business was unable to operate in its primary mode of operation due to impacts of COVID-19 or state mandated mitigation efforts, or
- The business experienced a reduction in hours of operation due to the impacts of COVID-19 or state mandated mitigation efforts, or
- The business can demonstrate a one-month decline in sales of 25% or more, incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic; between December 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021, as compared against the same period of time in 2019
- The business must be current on federal, state or local taxes that were due on or before the date of application.
- The business must comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- The business must not have ceased operations with no intent to resume.
Additional information regarding the grant program and the application are available below. Copies may be requested by calling 541-963-1001.
Completed and signed applications must be submitted to Union County Administrative Office, 1106 K Avenue, La Grande, OR 97850 or email@example.com by 12:00 noon on Friday, April 1, 2022.