Union County Commissioner Position 1
Commissioner Paul Anderes grew up in a Timber family. After graduating from Roseburg High School, he attended Linn Benton Community College and later graduated with a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from Oregon State University. Paul Started teaching Agriculture in Adrian, Oregon where he met and married his wife. After starting their family, they moved to La Grande in 1995.
Paul joined La Grande High School’s staff as Agriculture Teacher and FFA Advisor, teaching agriculture, welding, woods, forestry and one of Oregon’s first high school wildland fire courses for 23 years.
In 1997 the Anderes family welcomed their son.
For many summers Paul would fight Wildland fire working for private contractors and most recently Grande Ronde Fire Zone of the La Grande Ranger District.
Paul enjoys hunting, fishing and alpine skiing.
Boards and Committees
- Airport Advisory Committee
- AOC Public Lands Committee
- Blue Mountain Intergovernmental Council
- Cherry Fruit Fly Board
- City of Elgin
- City of Imbler
- Eastern Oregon Counties Association (EOCA)
- Grande Ronde Model Watershed Board (Alternate)
- Mt. Emily Recreation Area Committees (MERA)
- NACo Natural Resources Committee
- National Forest Counties & Schools Coalition
- Northern Blues Forest Collaborative
- Northeast Area Commission on Transportation (NEACT)
- Northeast Oregon Housing Authority
- Northeast Oregon Economic Development District (Alternate)
- Smoke Management Committee
- Training & Employment Consortium Board
- Tri-County Weed Board (Alternate)
- Union County Community Forestry Board
- Union County Transportation Committee
- Vector Control District (liaison)
- Wallowa-Union Railroad Authority Board
Designation as primary or initial contact does not preclude other Commissioner(s) involvement
4-H & Extension Service District
Public Works Department