June 4, 2020
Union County Receives Approval for Phase 2
Union County received approval today from Governor Kate Brown to proceed to Phase 2 of Reopening. This will go into effect on Friday, June 5. The letter may be read in entirety here Union County Phase 2 Letter of Approval
Key items for Phase 2 include:
- Water fountains will be closed, except those designed to refill water bottles in a contact-free manner;
- Restaurants and bars can remain open until 12:00 a.m.;
- Self-service operations, including buffets, salad bars, and soda machines are not allowed;
- Gatherings may have a maximum of 50 people present indoors, or a maximum of 100 people outdoors allowing for physical distancing and depending on area size;
- Gatherings at venues can have a maximum of 250 people based on facility capacity and square footage;
- Recreational sports practices, trainings and play for specified sports will be allowed. The specified sports have not yet been provided by the State; however the guidance states that sports involving participants coming into bodily contact are prohibited at this time.
Sector guidance is available online for viewing at www.union-county.org. If a printed version is preferred, guidance is available at the County Administrative Office located at 1106 K Avenue in La Grande during business hours.
Phase 2 Sector guidance includes:
- Indoor and Outdoor Entertainment Facilities
- Recreational Sports
- Restaurants and Bars
- Swimming Pools, Spas and Sports Courts
- Gatherings/General Guidance
- Venues and Event Operators
The Governor has stated that Phase 2 is the last full phase until there is a widely available treatment or a vaccine for COVID-19. There may be additional changes and guidance issued by the Governor as Phase 2 progresses.
Phase 2 Sector Guidance: