Union County Vector Control District
The Union County Vector Control District was created in June 1968 under provisions of the Oregon revised statues to provide a program for the relief from mosquitoes throughout Union County.
The District is independently operated under the direction of a board made up of volunteers from Union County.
The primary objectives of Vector Control are to:
1. Protect the public from discomfort and adverse effects of mosquito bites; and
2. Minimize the risk of human exposure to mosquito born disease.
MOSQUITO CONTROL FACTS
- Everyone benefits from mosquito control – ranchers, townsfolk and tourists.
- District wide aerial application of Malathion is no longer possible due to state regulations and increasing potential of insect resistance.
- The district is transitioning to “state-of-the-art” mosquito control techniques.
- The new techniques include biological and larvicide control.
- The new techniques have been very effective in the areas where they have been applied.
Union County Vector Control 541-963-2974