Union County District Attorney
|Victims' Assistance||Family Support Division||Court Calendar|
- Enhance the quality of life in our community.
- Be leaders in quality prosecution.
- Aggressively advocate justice.
- Continuously improve our service.
- Achieve our goals through teamwork.
- We will treat all people with dignity, respect, honesty and fairness.
- We will interact with all groups and organizations in a spirit of cooperation.
- We will provide all people with ethical, competent and professional service.
- We will hold all people responsible for their action.
- We will insure that our office is a rewarding, challenging and enjoyable place to work.
- We will treat each other fairly and give each team member credit for their distinctive contributions.
Program Description: The Union County D.A's office prosecutes all crimes committed within the county. The office has a staff of 10 people including three Deputy District Attorneys. The office administers a victims program, a child support program and serves as county counsel to the Board of Commissioners. The office also administers the Union County medical examiners program, which investigates all unattended deaths in the county. The office chairs the Union County multidisciplinary child abuse team, which coordinates the investigation, prosecution and treatment of all child abuse cases in the county. The office is an active member on the Union County elder Abuse Team and the Union County Domestic Violence Council. The office is very active in the Union Wallowa drug task force now known as MERIT. In connection with the latter, the office handles all forfeitures of cash and vehicles used in drug offenses. The office advises five police agencies in Union County on proper procedure in crime investigations and participates in training the police to keep them current on laws and court cases relevant to criminal investigations. Our office also puts on the victim's impact panel, which is an educational forum for all drunk drivers.
Union County District Attorney's Office Kelsie McDaniel, District Attorney 1104 K Avenue, La Grande, OR 97850 541-963-1007 Fax: 541-963-1080 TTY: 1-800-735-1232